Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal and a Reunion!

If' you've been around since the beginning, you'll remember that waaaay back in the day (I'm almost not sure whether to refer you back that far or not . . . it's been a while), I had apartmentmates.  Lovely ones, at that.

We did fun things like bake, watch the Royal wedding, make mug cakes and celebrate recitals,  and graduate!  

And then we all moved to different places.  So now we don't see each other much.

But yesterday, we had a reunion! Huzzah!

In true apartment style, our first adventure was to go eat doughnuts!  
Tasty!  
Oh, and start catching up.  And taking pictures.
We shopped a lot. 
And then we ate pizza and sandwiches.  Yum.
We, of course, visited the crazy fishies in the L.L. Bean flagship store!  
And then we said goodbye.  It was sad, but there are hopes of another reunion soon!  
Now, back to the promised oatmeal.  We all know I'm addicted.  It's just a fact.  

Well, since we've been watching the Next Great Baker on Netflix, I've been wanting cake EVERYTHING.  So much cake.  And so much of it ends up in the trash.  I'd happily eat your mistakes, you know.  
  
I made up my own overnight cake batter oatmeal for my birthday, and I've continued to perfect it since, but I was interested in finding some without cake mix in it. 

I did find some, but I didn't love it.  It just wasn't the same.  Maybe if it were a little creamier, it'd be what I was looking for.  

But, I've seen all sorts of cinnamon bun oatmeal on Pinterest lately.  I decided that the slightly buttery flavor of the new cake batter oatmeal (sans the sprinkles) would be perfect with cinnamon.  

I even had some cream cheese frosting in the freezer, so I added just a dab!  
A definite addition to my oatmeal list!


Cinnamon Bun Oatmeal
adapted from Food for the Soul

1/3 cup old fashioned oats
2/3 cup milk, of choice
1/4 tsp. butter extract
approx. 1 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
1 tsp. sugar
cream cheese frosting or glaze (optional)

Mix the milk and oats in a microwave safe bowl (be aware, it may boil over if you use a small bowl), and cook on high for 2 1/2-3 minutes, or until most of the milk is absorbed.  Or, cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until most of the milk is absorbed.  

Add the butter extract and cinnamon.  Top with frosting or glaze, if desired.  

Comments

Popular Posts