Pancakes with Sprinkles!

I've been on a sprinkles kick recently.  It's kinda been since my birthday, but I even added some sprinkles to our brownie batter oatmeal this week, and I also made a sprinkles board on Pinterest.  It's just getting crazier.

And then on Saturday morning, I decided it was time to use up the leftover buttermilk from the cake and the Irish soda bread that I made for our corned beef dinner with GWS, PLS, ZNS, CS and HS!

NES decided that funfetti pancakes were the way to go, and I completely concur.  Especially because the other option was carrot cake pancakes that were probably still going to have hard carrots in them.

I decided it was time to upgrade my sprinkle supply the other day.  I've upgraded to a big bottle of sprinkles.

And then there was the fact that I only had about a cup of flour (white, wheat or otherwise) to my name.  The soda bread uses a lot of flour.  The pancakes completely wiped me out of flour.  Hey, I got to wash out both of my canisters at once!

And hey, the whole wheat flour made them a little healthier!

They even got NES's seal of approval, and he's on the picky side about giving that out.  They have to be good pancakes.

Oh, and they go wonderfully with whipped cream and extra sprinkles on top!


Funfetti Pancakes 
from Yummy Healthy Easy

1 cup flour (I used half wheat, half white because that's what I had!)
2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk (don't forget you can make it with 1 cup milk & 1 tbsp. lemon juice or vinegar!)
1 egg, white and yolk separated
2 tbsp. melted and cooled butter
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles

Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda in your pancake bowl (am I the only one who has one of these?!).

Add the buttermilk to a separate bowl or measuring cup and whisk in the egg white.

Add the egg yolk into the butter, mix and add to the buttermilk mixture.

Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk together.  Stir in the sprinkles, but don't overmix.

Heat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.  Pour about a 3 inch circle into the griddle.

Flip when the edges begin to look set.  Cook the other side until golden.

Serve with plenty of whipped cream and extra sprinkles!

Comments

Popular Posts