Butternut Squash Fries

So, I'm supposed to be reading. Oops.  But, I need to share this.
Tonight, for the first time since the potato incident, I made fries.  Granted they weren't potato fries, they were butternut squash fries, but still.  It counts.
And, I discovered something, Every time I've made butternut squash fries, they've come out really, really squishy.  Like not very fry-like squishy.  This time, well, the only reason I decided to make them was I was at the market and found butternut squash cut into big round pieces.  It looked like it would make it easy to cut up the fries.  Since that's the worst part after all.  So I bought it.  And, it was easy to cut.

But besides that, it seemed to dry out a bit over the days it was in the fridge, and it was a little dried out.  So they came out drier!

With a leftover falafel sandwich?  Mmmmm.

And then a sneak peak for tomorrow!


Butternut Squash Fries

Butternut squash, peeled and cut into fry-shapes
Salt
Cooking spray


Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spray the cooking sheet with cooking spray.  Lay the fries in a single layer on the cookie sheet.  

Bake for 20 minutes.  Then attempt to flip them (I never can seem to do it without mangling them, so I don't).

Bake for another 20 minutes.  Done!

Comments

Popular Posts