Pub Fries

So I decided this weekend when eating really, really yummy pub fries at a restaurant that I needed to figure out how to make them. So, I did.

I found this recipe and thought I'd at least try the seasoning. I didn't have garlic salt, but I used thyme, garlic powder and paprika. I used baby Yukon gold potatoes and chopped them up in wedges. Then I put some vegetable oil on them and added my herbs. And salt. I roasted them at 400 degrees for 40 minutes (turning once). They came out really well. Even if I was in a rush trying to get back to class.
Today, I did the same thing. But with zucchini. Also good. It's easy. It takes only 15-20 minutes at 450 degrees. Healthier. Not as tasty, but healthier. To go with that chess pie. Healthy vegetables.

It was SO beautiful out. So I walked down to the deli and got a panini for dinner. Yum. It was a good way to enjoy the spring weather. And get over the fact that I finally heard back from my first grad school. Oh well.
And avoid lesson planning . . . apparently. I'm sitting here watching Waiting For Superman. I should be lesson planning. But enough education stuff is enough -- one thing at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts