Spaghetti Squash for Pasta Lovers

I have a confession to make: I served spaghetti squash to a room full of pasta lovers.

I have had it in my food supply for a while now, and I just kept not having time to make it.  So, I brought it home.  And finally found an evening to cook it here.

And, inevitably, everyone around me is a pasta lover.  I am a squash lover.  I mean, pasta, don't get me wrong . . . I love a bowl of pasta too.  But squash is so good.

And it was actually really easy to make.  I managed to even go registry shopping that evening before dinner.

I poked the squash all over with a skewer (although, I realized afterwards that a fork would have worked just as well) and baked it at 400 degrees for an hour.  Hooray for no scary I'm-gonna-cut-my-fingers-off squash cutting!

Then, once it was cool enough to work with, I cut it in half.  So easy!  Yay!

I scooped out the seeds, although, that was a little hard, since the flesh was soft too.  But it worked.

Then, I used a fork to separate all the spaghetti-like pieces.  And it was that easy.

And it even worked well as a make ahead, since I then went registry shopping and just reheated the squash in the microwave before dinner.  Perfect.

I just served it with pasta sauce.  My only complaint is that it ended up a little bit on the watery side.  I'd like to try some other sort of sauce with it someday.
Mmmm.  Squash.  And the pasta lovers even gave it good reviews!

Comments

Popular Posts