Chickpea Salad, Take Two

It's kind of an odd phenomenon, but yet, at the same time, it really doesn't surprise me.  As different as this semester seems and as many alterations as my schedule has gone through, I actually am adjusting pretty fast.  Somehow it all feels familiar.  Even though I'm at my apartment eating lunch right now.  That happened . . . well, I can count on one hand the number of times I ate lunch here last semester.  Now, theoretically, I can do it every Tuesday and Thursday.  Amazing.  Mmmmm, white cheddar rice cakes and peanut butter.

But, at the same time, there's a trade-off with Monday and Wednesday night dinners.  I am eating those at school now before the class I teach.  So starts the great search for easy, quick dinners that will make at least two nights of leftovers.
Dinner number one: chickpea salad.  I fell in love with this salad last time I made it (have you tried it yet CJC??), and on Sunday I decided it would be a good dinner for this week.  Plus, it makes at least 3 dinners worth.  Perfect.  (And it even used up the open feta cheese sitting in the fridge begging to be eaten!  Bonus!)
However, I didn't have Israeli couscous this time.  I didn't want to go out and buy it, and we had quinoa sitting in the pantry.  I decided it was worth a try.  I used half a cup again and prepared it according to package directions (which called for a cup and I halved, so it works, unlike rice!)  So instead of Mediterranean couscous salad, I ended up with Mediterranean quinoa salad.   It works.  I think I like the couscous better though.  But quinoa is supposed to have lots of protein in it, so it probably makes it a better dinner.  So there you go.
My first dinner to go of the semester.  Many more to come.

Comments

Popular Posts