Spaghetti

So I've made a lot of desserts recently. It's time to make some healthy food again. Seriously.

This is really easy. But it's so yummy. And if you haven't figured this out for yourself, I want to share it with you.

Plus, dad is out with "the guys" at a movie tonight. Mom and my first reaction: "what can we eat that dad doesn't like?" "Mushrooms!" Yum. Mushrooms are one thing that mom and I love and dad doesn't like so much. Opportunity taken.
I love spaghetti sauce and I love vegetables. So adding them together is the best. And simple.

Today we used mushrooms, but during the summer we tend to use zucchini and/or summer squash. It's a great way to use up the zucchini that is coming out of your ears if you have a garden of your own or that you can get for like 20 cents at the farmer's market. Any veggie will work, really.
Heat oil and saute the mushrooms/veggies till browned.
Add spaghetti sauce.

Heat through.
Serve on pasta.

Yum.
This is a great way to dress up plain old spaghetti.

Also, we stopped yesterday on our way home -- from where is another story -- at White Mountain Cupcakery and got cupcakes to bring home. Oh, were they good. Also, I was shocked to see their cupcake of the day: Tiramisu!
That's like 2-3 inches of frosting on top. Yesssss.

So, we were on the way home from a few days of skiing in the White Mountains. It was beautiful for skiing. There's actually snow up there. There was also WONDERFUL food. I got a few ideas. This breakfast buffet is just a taste.

Comments

Popular Posts