Chickpeas

I feel almost as though my life is running away without me and I can't catch up. It's kind of frightening. I am obviously not used to working a full time job. I get home from school, and I have like 2 hours till dinner, then 2 hours till bed. I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually have to plan lessons. This means dinner is not all that creative, since I've already been up for 12 + hours. It's exhausting.

I love hummus and I love falafel. Chickpeas, on the other hand, aren't my favorite. Ironic, I know since chickpeas are the major ingredient in both. Eh. Oh well.
So I made a chickpea salad for dinner and ate it on a wrap. It was decent. The chickpeas were still kinda dry. Maybe it will get better with sitting in the fridge.

Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Dish of the Week from the St. Petersburg Times

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 green (or red) pepper, diced
1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
(1 small red onion, diced)
(1 small clove garlic, chopped)
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup feta cheese

In a bowl, toss together all ingredients. Cover and chill until serving. Makes 3-4 servings.


The fresh veggies prove that I finally did go grocery shopping amidst the lovely rain drops, ice pellets and snowflakes.
It said to eat it in a pita or as a side dish. I had a wrap. Thusly, that's what happened. I also just realized I forgot to add garlic. I may do that when I eat more. Hmmmm. It was pretty good, I must say, for something easy to make after school. Oh, and now my apartmentmates are sharing their lovely peppermint mocha ice cream with me. And it's supposed to snow tonight. Yes. This is good.
I also finished a good book today . . . The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman. It's about cookbooks AND it's like modern Jane Austen. Good stuff. And my Young Victoria DVD came too. Excellent. Chick-flick overload? Yes.

Comments

Popular Posts