Pancakes

I think it's sad that less than four days ago, I was making chicken marsala and homemade pasta. I just tried to type homemade and typed homework instead. Now, I am back to eating Bisquick pancakes and needing desperately to go grocery shopping. All this means that I am back at school.
I am officially a teacher. I have a grade book, a plan book, and a desk. Oh, and an awesome teacher bag -- see above. Granted, today all I did was observe. But still. I have completed my first day of student teaching. In a snowstorm. I don't think people around here believe in plows or sand on roads. There was either 5 inches of snow on the roads or glare ice. Fun stuff. A half hour drive took close to an hour.
Hence, pancakes to celebrate. Celebrate being done with day one. I don't think I have ever made pancakes from Bisquick before. I've either made shake and pour ones or talked someone else into making the batter for me.
Chocolate chip, of course. I ate a whole half recipe. And it was a lot. And it was just me. I felt like it should have been such a joyous occasion, but it was actually a little lonely. Everyone else was busy. I think this is an unexpected side effect of teaching, since I'm gone all day and miss all the antics and I'm basically working a full time job. Oh well. I'll get used to it. And there are other friends who are in the same boat.
Oh, and I discovered that using the oven on warm actually does keep things warm. Imagine that.
I think I ate too many pancakes. They were good though. On to day two!

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first day! You deserved the pancakes for surviving and for that very fun drive. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree...it is kinda lonely, even when there are a whole bunch of other people around. Next time, we should make pancakes at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts