Rhubarb Jam and Sauce

Well, there goes another week.  I can't believe that the second week of classes is already over.  Where did this week go?

I have done some random baking and some varied cooking.  I'm not really sure what I did actually.  Since I don't even know where the time went.

Well, ok.  I spent Monday and Tuesday trying to pack up our damp and soggy camping equipment.  And this is kind of not really applicable, but since camping hints and tricks seem to be showing up everywhere nowadays, here is my contribution:

We hang all our cooking utensils in an extra LL Bean toiletry bag.  NES had one that he never used, and we had all these utensils to organize.  It does help that we often camp in a site with a lean-to, so we have a nice place to hang it.  But I still think it'd be helpful without a lean-to.
Then, I looked at all the leftover s'mores stuff I had.  I had a whole box of graham crackers minus one leftover.  All but one.  S'mores cookies to the rescue!

I have already made two batches.  But they were for other people, promise!  I've only eaten two!

What else have I done this week?

Well, I made myself a tuna-stuffed tomato.  Huzzah tomato season!

I also got free ice cream at school!  There are some perks to being a grad student.

And I've spent a significant amount of time outside . . . I love this weather.  It's so wonderful.
There was peanut butter banana oatmeal happening.

My excellent husband let me buy some . . . more tea!
Oh, and we found a scrumptious pumpkin whoopie pie!  

And I found some beautiful dahlias at the farm stand!  I just couldn't resist them.  Have I mentioned that I love dahlias?

Oh, and I made a last batch of rhubarb jam-ish-like-stuff for the summer! I found some fresh rhubarb last weekend -- I wasn't expecting to be able to find more!
P.S. It makes an excellent pb&j sandwich!




Rhubarb Jam/Sauce

2 cups rhubarb, chopped into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup water

Place the rhubarb, sugar and water into a 2 quart saucepan.  Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.

Turn heat to low.  Allow to boil for approximately 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.


Comments

Popular Posts