Chipotle Lime Hummus

Where have I been?  How has it been another whole week of the summer?

Oh yeah, I've been studying.  Again.  Summer #2.  Math world.

Anyway.  What's been going on since I reentered the world of math?  A little mini golf, a little swimming, a little running, a little yoga, a little exhibit setup and hiking with mom, a little visiting with friends, a little baking, and a little cooking.

It's already been a couple weeks, but we visited with JB and LB.  LB asked me to bring an appetizer.  I happened to come across this pin again, and was inspired to make some hummus.
It had not only been a while, but I have only ever made roasted red pepper hummus.  So I decided that it was time to branch out.

I had some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce leftover from the Barbacoa beef I made on Memorial day.  So I immediately gravitated toward the Southwestern hummus.  I didn't know how I felt about black bean hummus, though, so I made up my own.
I'd say it was a success!  Just a little spicy, and very hummus-y.  Well, once I added some olive oil.  The first night, I didn't put any oil, and it was a little thick.  It tasted good, but it got dry by the end of the night.  So, I added some oil the next day, and it was much better.
I served it with tortilla chips and carrots.  The tortilla chips were perfect with it.  The lime tortilla chips are even better!

I ate the leftovers on tortillas with avocado, cheese and fried eggs or black beans for breakfast!

And it was so easy, I forgot to even take pictures while I was making it!  Oops!  Here are some pictures from a day trip NES and I took the next day instead!


Chipotle Lime Hummus

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 chipotle pepper
1 tbsp. fresh cilantro
juice of one lime
2 tbsp. olive oil

Pour all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse until combined and a thick paste consistency.

Comments

Popular Posts