Addictive Tortilla Chips

So while we're on the subject of quick, easy food, let's talk tortilla chips.

Specifically, let's talk about leftover tortillas.  And the fact that a package of 20 tortillas never seems to disappear.  I have been eating them for weeks now.

On Tuesday when I reprised Mexican-style mac and cheese (with cheddar and salsa jack this time!), I debated making said tortillas into chips for the top.  But then I realized that I needed corn tortillas to make anything even remotely like standard tortilla chips.  I had flour.  But, in the search, I found some cinnamon sugar tortilla chips that were made with flour tortillas.  I am all about cinnamon sugar anything.  Just give me an excuse.

So, this evening while NES was cooking some paninis (with the leftover cheese from the mac and cheese), I cut up the tortillas, brushed them with melted butter, and sprinkled them with cinnamon sugar.  Before we were done eating, they were ready!

And I've been eating them ever since.  Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all!  Buttery, cinnamon-y crunchiness?  Yum!



Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
adapted from Lick the Bowl Good

4 "taco" sized flour tortilla chips
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Cut the tortillas into 8 wedges each.  Lay the tortillas onto a baking sheet.

Brush each tortilla with melted butter.

Mix the cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle the chips generously with cinnamon sugar.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy.  Cool before eating.









Comments

Popular Posts