Basil and Corn, the Experiment

So I feel like this is almost not worth blogging about because, well, frankly, it was too easy and it didn't come out extraordinarily wonderful.  Oh well.  Technically, I am supposed to be studying for the midterm of doom next Monday and Wednesday.  I promised myself that I would study for a week.  Yesterday was a week from the beginning of said midterm.  I will commence studying right after this.  Well, Tuesday is the average of Monday and Wednesday, so I guess that's not sooo bad.

Anyway, remember way back when (and when I say that I mean around a month ago), when I mentioned the combination of corn and basil?  Since then I have seen the two together elsewhere, but only as an experiment.  However, tonight I tried my own experiment.  I stir-fried a can of corn just to heat it through.  It seems a little un-orthodox to me, but it was the only way I could think of making it work.  It was actually inspired by the salsa chicken I made last week.
Anyway,  I also tore up some basil leaves and added them to the corn.
I let them wilt a little and called it a side dish.
I do like the combination of the basil and corn . . . I just need to find a better way to combine them.  It is still a work in progress.

Oh, have I mentioned that mom and dad brought me waffles last week when they visited?  Hooray for waffles!
Frozen leftover homemade waffles are better than store bought frozen waffles any day.  And just as convenient!
Thanks, mom and dad!
Oh, and then there is my interesting grocery find of the week: blueberry milk.  I've never been one for strawberry milk, but this is actually pretty good.  I've always liked blueberries better than strawberries anyway.
However, drinking blue milk is a little odd.  I don't think this will be a regular phenomenon.  Just saying.

I'm also re-trying the pumpkin granola with a few tweaks.  Stay tuned for the results.  It smells so good while it's in the oven, I don't know if I can wait!

Comments

Popular Posts