Red Velvet, for two

Oh. my. goodness.  Can I just say that these baseball playoffs are super intense?!  And panic-inducing.  But, I'm not going to complain tonight.  Anything can happen tomorrow night.

Besides that, I've been doing homework.  It's that time of the year.  But, we're on the downhill side of the semester.  Where has the time gone?

I also spent a little time with LB this morning doing girly things: wandering the mall, getting a pedicure, eating crepes . . . .   Have I mentioned that I love that malls are starting to have creperies?  It's amazing.

This weekend, we also headed to the fair to celebrate RB's birthday.  What is more fall-ish than a fair?

We even found a really cute goat!  

KEB and I also made massive amounts of muddy buddies for JB's birthday!  It was kind of a lot for 4 people.  But there will be more muddy buddies stories soon!

But last Thursday evening, we had gotten Friendly's food for dinner, and that made me want dessert.  Because everyone knows Friendly's food begs for ice cream.  But we were going to have ice cream on Friday (which we did!), so no ice cream on Thursday.

I was going to make a mug cake, but I found all my recipes for cupcakes for two!  I had pinned a bunch of them, but never made any.  So, I decided it was time!

What kind, you ask?

Red Velvet, of course!

I happened to accidentally get some egg yolk into mine, so they were a little bit chewy-ish.  Oops.

However, it was excellent to bake and have only two cereal-sized bowls dirty!

And no leftovers!  Just one cupcake each!


Red Velvet Cupcakes for Two
from Chitra's Cuisine

1 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tbsp. and 1 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. sour cream or plain 0% Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 tsp. red food coloring
1 egg white (a medium or large egg)
3 tbsp. and 2 tsp. flour
3/4 tsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Line a muffin tin with two cupcake liners.

Mix together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.

In another small bowl or measuring cup, mix the melted butter and sugar until well combined.  Add the sour cream/yogurt, vanilla, vinegar, food coloring, and egg white.  Mix until smooth.

Add the dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients.  Stir until combined, but do not over mix.

Divide the batter evenly between the two liners.  Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Allow to cool.



I had some leftover frosting on hand, but if you'd like a small amount of frosting, here's the frosting to go with the recipe:

2 oz. softened cream cheese
2 tbsp. softened butter
1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth and fluffy.  Add the vanilla and the powdered sugar, 1/4 cup at a time.  Beat until creamy and smooth.

Comments

Popular Posts