Barbecue Chicken Wraps

It's starting to feel like fall for real around here suddenly.  Chilly mornings, warmer days, and early nights.  NES and I went on what might have been our last trip to our favorite ice cream shop this year.  This is one problem about fall: the closing of ice cream shops.  I went all out and got a small instead of a kiddie, so I got two flavors!  Gasp!  Hey, it was for mom's birthday, too (even if she wasn't here . . . I was thinking about her).  There you go.  It justifies the second flavor.  (Happy birthday, Mom and Dad, and DR and JDR and JB and RB and everyone else . . . )

And then for dinner, I finally made the barbecue chicken-apple-smoked gouda wraps that I've been wanting to make forever.  I feel like it might have been one of the early things I pinned on Pinterest.  If not, it's certainly what I associate it with.

But I decided to take a slightly different take on them.  Smoked gouda is tasty, but we had tasty maple smoked cheddar waiting to be eaten in the fridge.  And fresh apples.  And I didn't want to ruin the whole thing with onions.

NES also has this awesome way of cooking chicken in barbecue sauce (the tasty barbecue sauce he makes!).  He just sautees it in a little olive oil and spreads the barbecue sauce on it.  I added a little more after I shredded it just to coat the inside surfaces.

And then I made my first ever panini-fied wrap!  It was actually really, really easy.  I just had to wrap them up well.

They were so good.  I definitely approve.  These might be my favorite sandwiches.  Yum.

And now back to my precalculus books.



Barbecue Chicken Wraps with Apple and Smoked Cheddar
adapted from A Hint of Honey

2 large wheat wraps or tortillas
1 chicken breast or 3 chicken tenders
2 tbsp. barbecue sauce
1/2 tart apple, sliced thinly
approx. 6 slices maple smoked cheddar cheese

Sautee the chicken in a little olive oil and barbecue sauce until the chicken is coated and cooked through.  Shred the chicken with two forks.

Heat the panini press (or a grill pan).  In the wraps, layer a little extra barbecue sauce, the chicken, the apple and cheese slices.

Wrap tightly.  Press until warmed through.

Comments

Popular Posts