Oatmeal-Pumpkin-Chocolate-Chip Pancakes

Where has the time gone?  I can't believe it's already been a week since the cider press adventures, but at the same time, it's only been a week?!  My goodness.  I guess it's been a busy week.

Much of that time included planning for a party/Halloween get-together this weekend for some friends and family.  This is one of those times when I wish we had more space to entertain, so I could invite everyone to giant parties.  But someday maybe I will be able to.   But more on that later.  I'll just give you the hint that this was what I did yesterday afternoon.

However, before the party happenings, I got to spend a girl's night with CJC and AB!  It was lovely to see them!  And GC, of course!
We had a evening of pizza, dollar store shopping, and chick flicks.

Then, in the morning, we made pancakes!  CJC found the recipe on Pinterest (where else?), and we tag-teamed to make them.
The batter was very, very thick for pancakes, but I love my thick pancakes.  Mmmm.  AB just spread it around a little immediately after pouring.  I liked how thick and dense they were.  If you're one of those thin-pancakes people, these probably aren't for you.

I think I'll try adding a little more pumpkin next time -- they weren't incredibly pumpkin-y.  However, we may have found a few chocolate chips around to add, so maybe that's part of the reason.  But I'll keep the chocolate chips, thank you.
We even had a little helper hanging around, watching us intently to make sure we were on track!  Well, maybe she was a little skittish, but she did come in for a bit!



Oatmeal Pumpkin Pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon (feel free to add a little more!)
Pinch nutmeg
Pinch ginger
Pinch salt
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tbsp. canola oil
3/4 cup milk
Chocolate chips (optional)

In a large bowl (with a spout, if you have one!), mix together the flour, oatmeal, baking powder, spices and sugar.  Mix in all the remaining ingredients, stirring until combined.  Add chocolate chips, if desired.

Heat a griddle or frying pan, sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat.  Ladle some batter onto the pan and spread out a bit.  

When the pancakes are starting to set around the edges (it's a little hard to tell with these), flip.  Let the second side turn golden brown. 

Comments

Popular Posts