Croutons, Herbs and Banana Ice Cream

I think I've been having a little bit of a hard time adjusting back to summer.  I feel very much like I've just been working the last two days to keep myself busy.  Like free time isn't allowed.  I've already finished many of my projects for May.  Oops.

Here is one example:

J and RB are coming tomorrow, and I really needed to catch up on cleaning, so I cleaned the kitchen today.  And when I had finished, I decided that that was not enough, so I reorganized the pantry.  All by lunchtime.

And on Thursday, I filled my day, too.

It was such a beautiful day!  It was a perfect day to go outside and plant my little herb garden!  My pot from last year got caught by one of the last frosts of the winter and didn't look so happy.

So, I started from scratch.  Rosemary, thyme and Greek oregano!

I also planted a dahlia bulb.  We'll see how it grows.  It will be an adventure.

Thanks to ZNS for the planting supplies!

Then I made salad for dinner and croutons.

I made them pretty much like the first time I made them -- even with the same ciabatta breadsticks!

I drizzled them in olive oil, added dried thyme, rosemary, some fresh minced garlic (about a clove per breadstick) and a little bit of Italian seasoning.

Then I baked them for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.

They spruced up an otherwise pretty normal salad.

I finished a scrapbook too.  The tape kind of exploded.  Oops.  But it was fun.
I also decided to try the banana "ice cream" that has been all over Pinterest recently.  I had put the bananas in the freezer last week (I happened to have two small bananas), but had been too lazy to pull out the food processor.

But I already had so many dishes to do, I figured I might as well.

I had read somewhere that it started out grainy and then suddenly just turned to a smooth soft-serve-like consistency.  It really did.

It was pretty shocking when it suddenly changes.

I just added a teaspoon of cocoa powder to mine.  I decided against peanut butter for some reason.  I guess it was just the mood I was in.

And now, it's sitting in the freezer.  I have some fun chocolate sprinkles waiting in the pantry.  I might have rediscovered them today.  It is like eating ice cream, though!

The one thing I'd probably do differently next time is use riper bananas.  It just has a little bit of the sharp taste of green bananas.

Or maybe I'll make it with nutella . . . oooooo.

Comments

Popular Posts