Tortellini Pesto Soup

So, Hurricane Sandy.  It's here.  And we have power.  For now.  We shall see.  It's been a nice day to sit at home and write my book report with my husband.  We also headed down to the river to see how things were going.  It was very crazy.
All this grey and rainy weather reminded me of the new soup I made a couple of Sundays ago.  NES had a cold, and it was a grey, rainy day, so I made soup.  And I made my own version.
 Along with some garlic bread.  Excellent.
I was inspired by pesto and Panera.  You know that vegetable soup that Panera makes and puts pesto in?  I made up my own version.

Tortellini Pesto Soup

approx 6 cups of chicken broth
1 can Italian stewed tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic, minced
20 oz. refrigerated tortellini
1 bag of spinach
approx. 1/3 cup pesto
Parmesan cheese

Bring the chicken broth and garlic to a boil.  Add the spinach to the broth, and let it cook down.  Add the tortellini and stewed tomatoes to the broth.  Cook according to package directions.

Pour into bowls and add a spoonful of pesto to each bowl.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the soup.



It was perfect for a rainy, fall Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts