Chicken and Vodka Sauce Tortellini

Well, that's over.  At least the planning and homework part of the semester, that is.  I have a minimal bit of planning to do for Monday, but otherwise it's just studying from here on out.  And two weeks from now, hopefully I'll just have final grades to calculate.  Now is when I start to wonder if there are enough hours between now and then to get all the studying in . . . and then there's the sending out invitations.  Sigh.  It's going to be a long two weeks.

And that means in about two and a half weeks, I'll be headed home.  And this apartment won't be home anymore.  Crazy.  But I won't miss the spiders on the door.  They're kind of hanging out there recently . . . and it just leaves me with the creepy there's-something-crawling-on-me feeling every time I go out or in.  Yuck.

But, anyway.  Food.  NES and I made a fun let's-use-up-the-extra-vodka-sauce meal.  Well, ok.  I worked on the rest of my homework and NES made me dinner.  I'm so glad he likes to cook.

Basically, he just cut up the chicken and sauteed it in a little olive oil with some black pepper, ground red pepper and dried basil.

Meanwhile, he cooked some garlic and spinach tortellini.

When the chicken was cooked through, we added about 1/3 bottle of vodka sauce and about 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, and let that heat through.

Voila, dinner.  So easy.  And it was yummy.  But I've realized that I'm going to have to get used to NES's definitions of spicy.  Haha.  That's going to be one interesting thing about cooking together.  Maybe I'll start loving spicy food now, who knows!
So now comes the studying . . . so if I disappear for a while, look for me in Algebra, Topology or Analysis land.  I'll be there.  Here goes.

Well, wait.  One more thing.  I had a fun delivery today: cupcake liners for a project to be named later!  Hooray!  They came so fast, and in just the quantity I wanted!  And they were packaged so cutely! I am a fan of small businesses.  That's my decision.

Comments

Popular Posts