Parsnips!

I didn't drop off the face of the earth! Really, I promise! It's just been one of those . . . well, many of those days. Not that "those days" are necessarily bad . . . it's just I haven't had time to breathe. I had two good grad school visits, a wedding, a concert, and two crazy days of student teaching and it's just been plain hectic. A lot of it was really fun, but oh my goodness. I'm exhausted.

I even made scones this weekend. And I will post about them. When I can take a deep breath again. It's worth waiting. Promise.

But anyway, tonight, I am making roasted parsnips. First of all, I love roasted veggies. Second of all, I love parsnips. Good combo.
I had a HUGE parsnip that I chopped into circles. I drizzled it with olive oil and salt and then baked them for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. So simple.
Still, it barely fit in the block of time I have to eat tonight. But so worth it. Oh, and they make your oven smell all sweet and parsnip-py. Hooray!

Oh, and by the way, I think this is awesome. I love cakes and British things. Perfect.

Comments

Popular Posts