Quick and Easy Smoothie

Well, it's been another insane week in the S apartment.  And it's going to be another busy weekend when we celebrate with NES and mom S for their birthdays.  Phew.

I have all these long posts in my head: our anniversary stay-cation, some thoughts on a missions trip group from our church who were car-jacked in Guatemala, and their amazing stories and faith upon returning, NES's birthday, homemade vanilla extract and so on.  But time just doesn't seem to be on my side for blogging right now.

So, on this Friday morning when the fruits of the summer are starting to make their appearance, a smoothie for you.

It's easy, and it's tasty.  Hey, I've made it two mornings in a row already.  Amazing!  Because of that, there are no exact measurements.  We'll just go with it.

First, in a blender or food processor, put a ripe banana, a handful of blueberries and a couple ice cubes (yes, my ice cubes are shaped like pi. aren't yours?).  You can also add some pitted cherries if you have any on hand.  I did this morning.
Then pour cranberry lemonade until it comes about halfway up the fruit.  If you can't find cranberry lemonade, we are going for a somewhat tart, way not sweet lemonade.  The tartness compliments the sweet fruit well.

Blend/process until the mixture is smooth.

Pour into a glass and enjoy!  The penguins with scarves on the glass are totally optional.

Quick.  Easy.  Summery.  That's what I've got time for nowadays.

Oh, and while I'm at it, last weekend NES and I celebrated with JLGW and CAW at a lovely vintage-themed wedding!  Congratulations you two!

Comments

Popular Posts