Chicken Tortilla Soup

How had I never tried chicken tortilla soup before last week!?  It might be one of my new favorite soups.  Then again, I don't know of very many soups (well, besides clam chowder and French onion) that I don't like.  Ok, there are a few.  But still not many.
And it was even a low fat recipe.  Amazing.  
I used 4 cups of broth instead of 3, and because I wasn't quite ready to try the full heat yet, I seeded the jalapeno.  I missed a few seeds though.  
And we ate it for two days.  It was great.  

It is also great to have time to myself finally.  Thank goodness.  I've been averaging a paper a week for the past few weeks, and this weekend, not only did I write an 11-page rough-draft, spend the weekend with NES, and read a 150-page teacher education policy document, but managed a fancy 5 course dinner in there too!  It was a long weekend.  But it was a fun weekend!  And now I have a break.  Thank goodness.  And thank goodness for baking for Thanksgiving tomorrow!  

Comments

Popular Posts